Business Consulting

Residence permits
Temporary Residence Permit in Cyprus
Non-EU nationals who visit Cyprus for long-term purposes, as visitors, have to obtain special temporary permits, commonly referred to as a “Pink Slip”, provided that they have successfully applied for such permit at the Civil Registry and Migration Department of Cyprus.
Visitor Visa
You may apply for these Visas if you fall into one of the below categories:
1.    Spouses of non-EU citizen who have been married to a Cypriot/EU citizen and intent to live in Cyprus;
2.    You are a non-EU citizen, parent in law of a Cypriot/EU citizen who live in Cyprus, and intent to live in Cyprus for family reunification;
3.    Children (younger than 18 years old) of a non-EU citizen married with a Cypriot/EU citizen living in Cyprus, and intent to live in Cyprus for family reunification;
4.    You are a non-EU citizen who wish to live in Cyprus for more than 3 months (i.e. to extend your VISA) considering that you have sufficient income for your living expenses (income must be coming from abroad).
If you have acquired a visitor's VISA from any Cyprus embassy or consular from abroad (such VISA would be for 3 months stay in Cyprus) you may apply for extension of such VISA for a maximum period of 3 months. VISAs with the term "FINAL" cannot be extended by the Migration Department but only by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus; such extension can be done when special reasons are in place (such as Cyprus property owners or for humanitarian reasons.
Student Visa
Every non-EU student, who takes a long-term course at a Cyprus educational institution, should be in possession of the relevant permit issued by the Civil Archive and Migration Department. Student Visas can be issued by an Embassy/Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus in the student’s home country or by the Migration Department of Cyprus.
Permanent Residence Permit in Cyprus
Non - EU citizens, can apply for Immigration Permits in Cyprus on the basis of the Categories referred to in Regulations 5 and 6(2) of the Aliens and Immigration Regulations.
Cyprus Residence Permits are granted according to certain provisions and criteria.  Depending to the different circumstances of each Applicant, different provisions and different type of Residence Permits can be granted.   

The Permits:
1.    Under regulation 6(2) for Fast Track Permanent Residence Permit, for purchasers of real estate of a market value of over €300,000 + VAT.  Such applicants are entitled to take advantage of a fast track Residence Permit, issued within 3 months.
2.    Under regulation 5 for Long Term Residence Permits for applicants falling into any one of the following Categories:
-    Categories A, B, C and D: For self-employees in different sectors of trade or profession (agriculture, breeding, mining, science etc.)
-    Category E: For persons offered employment in Cyprus (advance work permit is a requirement)
-    Category F: For persons who wish to reside in Cyprus, with secure annual income without the need to engage in any business in Cyprus. A Non-EU citizen can qualify under this category, along with their dependents provided that they possess and have fully and freely at their disposal a secured annual income, high enough to give them a decent living in Cyprus, without having to engage in any business, trade or profession. The annual income required should be at least €9568,17 for a single applicant and moreover at least €4613,22 for every dependent person, but the Immigration Control Board may demand additional amounts as necessary. They must be able to demonstrate additional sums at their disposal if the Immigration Control Board considers it necessary. Most applicants come under this Category, the majority of them being pensioners or retired persons.
Applications for Category F which are the most usual should be accompanied by the original of documents regarding the income of the applicants.
Applicants who are abroad may submit an application directly to Cyprus, as stated above, or through the local Consular Authorities of the Republic of Cyprus. The applications are examined by the Immigration Control Committee which submits a relevant suggestion to the Minister of the Interior for a decision to be taken.
Work permits
Upon arrival, third country citizens must proceed with the registration at the appropriate District Office of the Aliens and Immigration Unit of the Police, or the Central Offices of the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia, within 7 days of their arrival.
 Also, Biometric data, such as finger prints and passport photos are collected.
Applications for issuance of Entry and Employment Permit must be submitted by the employer, to the Civil Registry and Migration Department through the appropriate District Office of the Aliens and Immigration Unit of the Police or at the Central Offices of the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia.
The application should be submitted along with the contract of employment certified by the Department of Labour of the Ministry of Employment and Social Insurances, which is the competent Department for securing that there are no Cypriots or citizens of Member States of the European Union, available or adequately qualified for the specific job or post prior to recommending the employment of third country nationals.
In general, the maximum period of a non-EU citizen to live and work in Cyprus is 4 years. However, the following employees are exempted from this limitation:
1.    highly skilled personnel employed in companies with substantial annual turnover;
2.    executive directors, middle-management staff, executive staff and other key personnel working in companies of foreign interests (requires at least 50% of the company’s share capital to belong to a non-Cyprus citizen or, its’ direct foreign capital investment to be at least €171.000) - minimum salary requirements apply;
3.    qualified nurses, registered in Cyprus for the practice of such nurse profession;
4.    athletes and coaches of individual or team sports;

5.    religious icon painters (for particular projects).